The Doctrine of the Church (Theology 201)
This course will explore the nature, mission, and purpose of the church, both universal and local. We will consider some core marks and pillars of the church, discuss practices like baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and explore spiritual gifts. We will also spend time discussing church membership, the importance of serving in the church, and worshiping together with the church.
- Session 1: Introduction; Acts 2 and the foundation of the church; nature, marks, and purposes of the Church
- Session 2: Purity and Unity of the Church
- Session 3: Power of the Church, Church Membership
- Session 4: Means of Grace & Ordinances; Baptism and Lord’s Supper
- Session 5: Worship
- Session 6: Spiritual Gifts